Blog Update and Me Update!

 Good evening readers,

Thank you so much for being a part of my Star Wars journey!! I LOVE reading everything Star Wars has to offer and equally love putting out my opinions on said material, canon connections I notice, and trivia that catches my eye. I know I've been a bit inconsistent the past month or so with only putting out one review a week. Sorry about that!!! There's certainly plenty of material to do more and I'm letting you know that I'm recommitting to publishing reviews three times a week. This should be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If some unforeseen circumstance occurs making writing a review impossible and I haven't written one ahead of time, I will post a notice on my Twitter (@AliaMorgaine) so you'll know why there's no new content. 

Part of the reason I haven't been putting out reviews as often is because I've been studying my booty off for DragonCon Star Wars Trivia!!!!...the finals of which took place this past Sunday (competitors were selected from previous finalists and winners--I've been a finalist 3 times in the past 3 years). And I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT express how proud of myself I am and how happy this success makes me. Check out the written test that would have been the qualifying test had we been in person like normal this year...you'll see just how difficult this competition gets! I made a 44/50 and was over the moon! It definitely would have been a good enough score to qualify me like the past three years. Oh, and the question I won on? Q: Which clone dropped the electro-proton bomb on Malastare thus awaking the Zillo Beast? A: Goji!!!!!!!


I truly want to fill my life with more Star Wars and so this is notice that I will be doing just that. Which means...a YouTube channel is also in the works!!...title undetermined. This channel will be focusing on queerness in Star Wars and I will be posting weekly videos looking at different characters, species, and queer issues in the galaxy far, far away. Hopefully it will be a deep dive that some of you will find enlightening and others will find reassuring--seeing yourself in the Star Wars world. I'm super excited for this new endeavor and look forward to my continued Star Wars journey!

So be on the lookout for a new review tomorrow--not sure what it'll be yet but it'll be there! I've finished two more books (one YA, one adult) and two more comic issues so there's a lot on the back burner. 

Thank you again for being loyal readers and I so look forward to continuing to provide you with new content covering Star Wars print media! Of course there's a new season of "The Mandalorian" coming up too so that'll be showing up on the blog as well.

May the Force be with you!

-Marie

Comments

  1. You can check out the live trivia finals competition at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDA2kKiKxoM !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts