I am a Clone Trooper: a Little Golden Book by Elizabeth Schaefer

I am a Clone Trooper: a Little Golden Book written by Elizabeth Schaefer, illustrated by Shane Clester

Despite being a bit uneven and containing some inaccurate information, this book was adorable (as all the Little Golden Books are) and actually called out several clones by name which I was very pleased to see! We start off with an intro to clones and then go into individual clones and then jump to the Battle of Endor...wait...huh?!? See what I meant by uneven? Oh well, just another bit of proof that Rex was on Endor during Return of the Jedi.

The first page says, "I am a clone trooper. I fight to keep the galaxy safe." while the second to last page says, "The Emperor could never hurt the clones--or anyone else--again." ...besides this ending part feeling terribly random, the Emperor DID come back...Rise of Skywalker, anyone?? I just felt this was a weird direction to take the book in.

But the very last page is super heartwarming with, "It's not always easy to be a clone. But their unique skills and personalities prove that they are more than just copies. When they work together, they are all proud to say: I am a clone." Cute!! 

The clones who were named include Rex, Kix, Cutup, Dogma, Wrecker (see below), Crosshair, Hunter, Tech, Cut Lawquane (see below with family--while a bit overdone here, Shaeeah does have patchy colored skin with lots of biegey-flesh tone on her face), Hevy, and 99 (see below with Hevy). So a really good mix of popular and lesser known clones. This definitely made me happy!




As for the inaccuracies, Rex is said to be Obi-Wan's clone...yeah, no, that would be Cody. It also said, "Long ago, a few protectors of the galaxy--some Jedi Knights--feared a great enemy would attack the Republic. A Jedi known as Sifo-Dyas asked the people of Kamino to create thousands of clone fighters." Huh?!? "A few" and "some"??? As far as I know it was Sifo-Dyas acting alone...why would they make a change so drastic in a children's reference book? Surely this was an accident and not a seed for a future story...cuz what a random drop that would be!

Overall, this was an informative book for kids with super accurate depictions of different clones. I am so happy this book was created as its my favorite Star Wars era! Now I want "I am a Senator" and "I am a Podracer"!! How cool would those be?!?

I'll leave you with an image of a clone trooper accepting Order 66...dun dun dun!!


Comments

  1. Funko hasbro “Star Wars” Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts