The Ultimate "Star Wars: The Mandalorian" Sticker Collection by Matt Jones

The Ultimate "Star Wars: The Mandalorian" Sticker Collection by Matt Jones

I adore these types of books...even as an adult. There's just something about fidgeting with stickers that is incredibly satisfying. Unfortunately, this book wasn't nearly as informative or engaging as previous Ultimate Sticker Collections (I've reviewed a number of them on this blog and you can search on the home screen for them if you're interested!). But I would be lying if I wasn't excited about the INSANE number of stickers that come as extras in this sucker. ...not that I'll ever use stickers for anything except maybe handwritten letters...which are rare, lmao. Regardless, I've collected stickers since I was very very young and so still find doing so a comforting sort of nostalgia. 

But one thing about the format of the book itself finally got to me this time around and lessened the fun of the experience. The front half of the book are the pages where you place the stickers and the second half of the book are the stickers...which makes sense at first, but in practice is really annoying. The stickers either need to be in their own separate pull-out section, or the book needs to include a ribbon bookmark. I discovered that using my phone as a bookmark just didn't work...

There were some good informational tidbits which will definitely help with trivia, but I still feel like they didn't go far enough. For example, the page of Mando's Friends and Foes. That page didn't even include whether the picture was of a friend or a foe much less give any extra details about them. Yet I do have below some new things I learned!!

In Season 1, Episode 5: "The Gunslinger," the pilot bounty hunter who chases Mando in the skies above Tatooine is named Riot Mar. That, I definitely did not know. See below:


The vehicle that Cara Dune hijacks in Season 2, Episode 4: "The Seige," is a Trexler 906 Armored Marauder. It is named the Trexler Marauder 906 in this book. ...I'll stick with Wookieepedia, See one below along with a beautiful image of an Outland TIE Fighter!!


There's actually another bit of misinformation with the creature that attacks Greef Karga in Season 1, Episode 7: "The Reckoning." It's simply labeled Reptavian but that's a type of species and not at all the species itself's name.

And then there's another formatting issue if I'm honest. There are two pages provided to put your 1) Top 3 Bounty Hunters and 2) Top 3 Stormtroopers. But...there are only 4 options for each and they are all, of course, from the show itself. I don't feel like this sticker book is giving me enough agency!! HAHA!

But we also get an interesting tidbit about Ahsoka (see below). Her affiliation is "Unknown"...what could that mean?!? There are so many possibilities and maybe it means nothing but I still find it incredibly intriguing.


Overall, despite being a sticker book, this really didn't do it for me, but the trivia gained makes it all worth it! And with that, I will leave you with an absolutely ADORABLE image of Grogu and the infamous macarons!!


Comments

Popular Posts