Star Wars comic #60: The Escape, Part V by Kieron Gillen

"Star Wars #60: The Escape, Part V" written by Kieron Gillen, illustrated by Angel Unzueta and Guru-eFX
     This was so freaking good!! A twist of fate that I didn't see coming and some great humor. I applaud the way this arc is going big time!
     First off, we see C-3PO with new legs!! Finally the poor guy can walk again.
     Then we are thrown into where we left off from last week with Commander Kreel of SCAR Squadron and Luke crossing blades. Before the fight actually begins, Tula Markona pulls Luke in for a kiss!!! (maybe there was some romance after all...see below) and hands him a smoke grenade while essentially telling him not to run because the consequences will be very grave...which of course is a coded message for please do run and something to do with graves. Once Luke throws the smoke grenade, Thane Markona proclaims that "the tiresome bonds of being a good host" are gone! And he calls the stormtroopers together for the hunt of Luke! I totally saw some turn like this coming and was appalled but equally unsurprised.
     THEN...WHAT?!?! A huge twist occurs that I refuse to give away in this review. It was wonderful and I actually shed a few tears. My goodness this is getting good!
     Earlier in this arc, it was said that the next transport would be in 6 months and in this issue Emkay-One says the next transport will be in 4 months...which means, our heroes were on Hubin for 2 months!!! That's crazy! I had no idea they were there for that long! No wonder Luke was getting so restless!
     So a lot I'm not giving away here, but I just have to say it was a wonderful penultimate issue for this arc. I'm really interested in seeing how things go from here. Can't wait for what's next for the people of Hubin!

Comments

Popular Posts