Star Wars: Resistance - Episode 14 - "The Doza Dilemma"

Star Wars: Resistance - Episode 14 - "The Doza Dilemma" written by Gavin Hignight, directed by Sergio Paez
     I should have seen coming the way this episode went down, but I DIDN'T!! Kaz ends up being super confused over it all...and with good reason since the poor guy is so out of the loop. He finds himself flummoxed over both Synara AND the First Order. I'm super curious to see where things go from here with Kaz not having the full picture at his disposal.
     The title card fanfare is the typical fanfare so it looks like maybe the show has hit its stride with the opening.
     Synara finds herself in a tight spot as Kragan asks her to infiltrate the tower with two of his other goons to kidnap Torra! We see a lot of character development on Synara's part in comparison to that first episode when she was "rescued" by Poe and Kaz. And we see Torra show a lot of spunk--see the above image! I like this display of her abilities because before this I was honestly unsure of how I felt about Torra...she kinda seemed spoiled. I hate to say that because I know so many people gravitated toward her instantly, but I just didn't. Now I have a new respect for the young girl!
     Kaz takes it upon himself to race after the pirates who have Torra in their possession. Torra recognizes it's Kaz by the explosive malfunction sound the Firebird makes! Haha
     And then everything gets turned upside down. The pirates expect a large pay day from the First Order for following through on the capture of Torra. But will the First Order follow through? Now I had an inkling things weren't going to go exactly as the pirates expected. But the way everything played out was not as I expected!
     The ship designs in this episode are fantastic! Both the pirates' skiff and their main ship (see to the left) are truly unique looking. I wanna know more about them. When is the Resistance Visual Dictionary coming out?!?
     Trivia:
-The name of the Trandoshan with Kragan is Skreek.
-Valik and Drell are the two pirates sent to capture Torra.
     So another pretty great episode that begins to set us up for the First Order manning the Colossus. A couple of stormtroopers are even left as security detail at the end of this episode to give us a taste of what is surely to come. I'll be curious to see what finally pushes Doza over the edge into accepting the protection of the First Order...

Comments

Popular Posts