Star Wars: Resistance - Episode 15 - "The First Order Occupation"

Star Wars: Resistance - Episode 15 - "The First Order Occupation" written by Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt, directed by Bosco Ng
     This was an exciting episode that had me rooting for Synara's success the whole way. Funny how a character who started out as one of the "evil" pirates turned into someone the viewer really cares for, much like Kaz, Tam, and Neeku do.
     So basically the First Order is on the hunt for a pirate spy and it doesn't take them long to discover this "spy" is Synara. And Kaz can't help but try to aid her escape. (Take note of the elevator picture above of Kaz and Synara in a hurry but dealing with a slow lift and typical elevator music. It's quite humorous.) I wonder how much the stormtrooper grunts actually know of what went down. Do they know they're just trying to cover up a leek so Doza doesn't discover it was the First Order that ordered the kidnapping of Torra in the first place? Or do they actually think they are defending the Colossus from the ire of pirates? I'm leaning toward the stormtroopers not being in on the intrigue as I believe they would be too far down in the food chain to know the whole truth. But maybe they're indoctrinated enough to where such deception would sit well with them for the most part (unless you're FN-2187 of course). I'd love to know more about what is actually going on in their heads! A story from their point of view would be fabulous!
     So before the above action takes place, we see First Order stormtroopers patrolling the platform. It is bizarre how relaxed Neeku and Tam are by their presence. Of course, Neeku's noticed Kaz's obsession with the group and wrongfully thinks Kaz is bursting with excitement over them being at the Colossus. Kaz's response: "If thrilled is code for nauseated, then yes, Neeku, I'm extremely thrilled." To which Neeku responds that Kaz must be nauseated since he is so excited. Too funny. Kaz keeps trying to explain to Tam and Neeku how bad the First Order really is but they simply will not listen to him, proclaiming that the First Order did save Torra from the pirates and that the platform just needs upped security. Captain Doza, on the other hand, is not very happy with the current state of affairs.
     I won't go into too much of what happened with Synara in this episode but will mention that once it is made clear to Kaz that she is a piarate, he tells her, "You might be a pirate, but I know you're a good person." He deeply cares for the wayward girl and I do too. I hope that whatever is next for her won't end in her going back to her old pirate ways.
     There was also a new species (from what I can tell) introduced that look like flying lobsters (pictured below). I want to know more about these guys! Wookieepedia says they are speagulls but that is patently incorrect as they look completely different - much more crustacean-like than bird-like. I'm super curious.
     So, overall a pretty great episode leading us up to what I'm sure will be an ever increasing occupation by the First Order. I enjoyed the daring escape and Neeku's bumbling role in it all. And poor Kaz has such a big heart. I'll be curious to see how things play out as the occupation progresses. And we still have no real idea how far we are at this moment from The Force Awakens so when the cross-over will happen remains a mystery. Looking forward to what comes next! One more thought, I think I'm actually more invested in the show now. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode more so than I was at first and that's definitely a good sign!

Comments

Popular Posts