Galaxy's Edge #3: Honor Among Thieves by Ethan Sacks

"Galaxy's Edge #3: Honor Among Thieves" written by Ethan Sacks, illustrated by Will Sliney and Dono Sanchez-Almara
     Holy crapola!!! Talk about a fantastic issue!!! I was loving this series so much but this one pulled out ALL the stops! I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed seeing Hondo + Jedha + Chirrut Imwe + Aphra all in ONE freaking comic book! It was absolutely beautiful!
     We start off with Remex running away from the First Order...they say an arrest warrant is on his head. And then we meet Varg, Dok-Ondar's fixer, as he attacks Remex after the Clawdite shape-shifts from a persona that pointed the First Order in the opposite direction from him. Remex does safely make it to Oga's Cantina where he meets up with Kendoh and Wooro. It's a little strange how Varg kinda disappears, but that's okay because the rest of this comic is pure freaking gold!!
     We then enter Oga's Cantina and get a taste for what people will be able to enjoy when they make a trip to the actual location (see below)! You can even see the droid Rex in the background DJ-ing!
     And then Kendoh is introduced to Hondo Ohnaka!!!! What a joy! He begins to tell a tale about his escaping from the Guardians of the Whills on Jedha! (My Rogue One heart is exploding right now...) Eventually, freaking Chirrut Imwe shows up!!! WHAT?!? I CANNOT believe the story group pulled such an amazing stunt with this one! It is beautiful and wonderful. Chirrut listens to Dok-Ondar's sad tale about his parents and then Dok-Ondar and Hondo are allowed to escape....with the fancy relic (and man is it fancy! albeit small--see below--made, I believe, from a kyber crystal cut by a lightsaber!).
     During their escape we see some very interesting (I'm assuming) prototype-TIE fighters (see below). I'm super curious about these ships and their history!! Give me more!
     Then Kendoh finally reveals what it is they're after--The Sword of Kashyun. And it turns out that Hondo had a run-in with Doctor Aphra over that exact sword!!! So, it appears that the next issue will have quite a bit of Doctor Aphra mixed in with it and I could not be happier.
     Words honestly can't describe how excited I am right now. This is freaking brilliant!!! Looking forward to where we go from here! ...but now I really want to watch Rogue One...

Comments

Popular Posts