The Clone Wars Season 7: Episode 1: "The Bad Batch"

The Clone Wars Season 7: Episode 1: "The Bad Batch" directed by Kyle Dunlevy, written by Brent Friedman and Matt Michnovetz
     Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe we get this series back for one final season!!! My heart is bursting and my eyes are wet. I'm just so overjoyed it's ridiculous!!
     I've seen this episode once before in the form of unfinished animatics but seeing it in its glorious finished form is absolutely fantastic!
The theme song is preserved in its epic glory and I freaking love it!! And there's the catching-us-up WAR announcer who is just as extra as ever. I am so in love with this show...
     So Rex has realized that the Separatists on Anaxes are re-using battle plans he wrote up with Echo back in the day. He wonders if Echo might still be alive... And then we meet the Bad Batch or Clone Force 99 (named after my favorite clone--99--who died saving his brothers). There's Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair, and their leader Hunter (see them pictured below). Unfortunately, the Bad Batch isn't that great at playing with "regs" or regular clones and there's a bit of contention as Rex, Cody, Kix, and Jesse try to pull off infiltrating the Separatist Cyber Center on Anaxes with them. (See some of their unorthodox yet extremely effective battle tactics above.) Once they learn to work together, they discover a signal coming from Skako Minor...if you haven't watched the animatics, I'm not gonna give away here what or potentially who the signal was coming from...you have to watch to find out!! And it is sooooo good...
     As far as I can tell, nothing was changed from the original animatics and that makes me really happy as a canon junkie. My knowledge wasn't retconned...yay!!! And I'm most excited about my favorite Clone Wars baddie being back!!!!...Admiral Trench, the tarantula tactician!!! (see below) My baby, Edgar Eugene would be proud of his cousin kicking some booty...although we all know that isn't going to last long with Rex, Cody, and the Bad Batch on the case!!!!
     Even if nothing is changed from the original version of this next episode, I will be over the moon with joy when viewing it!! This is such an interesting and engaging arc and I'm so incredibly happy they decided to keep it in this final season!! Here's to a great Season 7!!!

Comments

Popular Posts