Poe Dameron comic #24: Legend Found, Part V by Charles Soule

"Poe Dameron #24: Legend Found, Part V" written by Charles Soule, illustrated by Angel Unzueta and Arif Prianto
     This was a really good issue with a few gems to boot. Some of the dialogue was a bit iffy and stilted, but overall the plot flowed nicely and had me engaged throughout. Not much happened action-wise, but there was enough story to carry the issue along. And for once, the cover art makes sense!!!!
     Synopsis: Terex has taken Lor San Tekka hostage and has offered him up to the First Order if they will remove his implants. Black Squadron awaits a ping from a tracker in Padme's dresses once the ship Terex stole exits hyperspace. Will Captain Phasma agree to Terex's terms? Will Lor San Tekka be handed over to the First Order? Or will Black Squadron save the day and locate the old man's whereabouts? ...we know the answer to at least the last two questions is "no" from simply watching Force Awakens. I have no idea how this one is going to play out...
     The Resistance has a heavy cruiser named the Raddus!! Could this be a throwback to Admiral Raddus who defended Rogue One in the sky above Scarif? Beautiful.
     Lor San Tekka calls Padme "one of the great heroes of galactic history"! I'm loving this issue for its canon connections!
     Kare and Snap sort of make up! Yay *smile* I love Snap from the Aftermath Trilogy--his character is so developed it's wonderful...I just wish he got more air time in the sequel movie trilogy.
     Interesting note...I'm curious about the physics here, but Terex says that if they dispose of the dresses while in hyperspace, no one will ever see them again. Hmm...I wonder if this means that hyperspace really is in another dimension. And then the dresses are gone...so incredibly sad! I'd hoped Leia would be able to keep a part of her mother with her forever...since she's so much like her. This also means Black Squadron loses their ace in the hole for following Tekka's location. What do they do now?!
     Another interesting physics note--Apparently there is something called "hyperfuel" that is required for a ship to fly through hyperspace...huh...
     I don't want to reveal much more than I already have...even though the ending didn't come as much of a surprise. I knew who a certain coded message was going to be from before I turned the last page. But it was exciting nonetheless and I absolutely look forward to how all of this will play out. The synopsis for next week hints that the end is nearing for this long-run series, much to my disappointment. But we still have at least some issues left and for that I am grateful!

Comments

Popular Posts