Star Wars comic #43: The Ashes of Jedha, Part VI by Kieron Gillen

"Star Wars #43: The Ashes of Jedha, Part VI" written by Kieron Gillen, illustrated by Salvador Larroca and Guru-eFX
     What a great issue with a HUGE surprise!! I did not see this one coming and I will not reveal it in this post because it was just too good. There is some fantastic character development involved.
     Again, the cover doesn't make any sense, but I guess I should be used to that by now. Leia and Trios fight with blasters not melee weapons.
     The Rebels defeat the Shu-Torun orbital mining machine by flying it off into the chasm. Luke handily defeats Kanchar by activating an ion torpedo that takes out his cybernetics. Han enacts a daring plan to save the day, and Leia admits she likes the look of leader on him...
     The only thing I'll give away about the surprise is the following: C-3PO says the strangest line that doesn't quite fit Star Wars but was funny nonetheless, "It's complicated, sir. Skullduggery is afoot."
     A little tidbit about Han--apparently he's had many copies made of his medal from A New Hope and he sells them off to make a few extra credits every now and then. So typical, I love it.
     The only negative I have is that following the images while Han is leading the Partisans is a bit confusing. I couldn't quite make out what was happening and where exactly they were located. I know they were on the orbital mining machine, but it looked as if they were outside as well. Strange. Maybe I just don't quite grasp what the orbital mining machine looks like.
     Not much to say about this issue without giving it all away, but I did quite enjoy it. It was a wonderful wrap up to a wonderful story arc. There weren't near as many canon connections which was sad, but I still loved it regardless.
     I look forward to where we go next with this series. The synopsis for the next issue gives nothing away--just spews Rebel recruitment propaganda. But Leia does say at the end of this issue, "I think that's enough sifting through the ashes. Now we rebuild."

Comments

Popular Posts