Star Wars: Resistance - Episode 19 - "Descent"

Star Wars: Resistance - Episode 19 - "Descent" written by Paul Giacoppo, directed by Bosco Ng
     This was such a good episode!!! I even teared up at the end! We left off last week with the Fireball crew in their hanger under arrest by the First Order. And we got our first true cliffhanger of the season with that ending. Warning: This review is filled with exclamation points...So...
     Oh my goodness the opening was incredible!! Talk about Star Wars!! It had the perfect combination of action, humor, and hijinks...definitely my cup of tea! Very similar to the Revenge of the Sith opening! Check out the image above for the signal that everything was about to go crazy...see Bucket waving?!? So reminiscent of R2 I freaking love it!
     Kaz, Neeku, and Yeager escape once the hijinks mentioned above ensue. And as they run, Neeku says, "They are getting closer and I am feeling extreme fear!" I love him so much! Poor Tam gets captured by the First Order even though she has no idea what is going on and we meet Agent Tierny who seems to respect and honor Tam. I really don't know what her game is because Pyre was ready to torture the poor girl for information. I'm super intrigued to see where Agent Tierny's plot thread goes from here! I'm also curious at the fact that her name is pronounced so similarly to tyranny...
     So in their escape, Kaz, Neeku, and Yeager end up in Engineering with the shell folk, Kel, and Eila and Kaz devises a crazy plan to sink the Colossus leaving only the spire above water so Yeager and him can swim up to it and disable the coms jamming device...hence the title "Descent."
     Spoilers for the rest of this review. I just couldn't help myself!! Skip to the last paragraph if you don't want to know yet what happens. Everything seems to be working out as planned--even Doza is actively aiding the renegades--until one of their own gets caught after all. Regardless, Kaz still gets a message out to the Resistance!!!
     Then this show finally made me tear up!!! The ending was so sad with Leia of course saying their forces are too few and divided to help, plus her John Williams theme was playing as she spoke!! It was all too much for my poor tear ducts to handle! But it was hopeful too with Kaz proclaiming that they are the Resistance now and they will free the Colossus no matter what it takes. Another awesome tidbit that is super spoilery...forgive me...I just really enjoyed this episode!...was Leia saying that she sent Kaz coordinates to their new base so apparently they were already planning to change bases from D'Qar before Hosnian Prime was even destroyed??? I'm not sure how to take this because Hux's speech hasn't happened yet. She surely couldn't have been talking about D'Qar??? If so, where in the world were they based before D'Qar--it's the only Resistance planet mentioned in ANY of the print media...
     Trivia! Bucket's actual name is R1-J5!
     So, an action-filled, heart-breaking, and heart-warming episode all rolled into one. I am finally at the point where I can say I CANNOT WAIT for next episode! And that makes my heart smile.

Comments

Popular Posts