Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles by Landry Q. Walker

     This book hit just the right stride to essentially make my heart explode! It covered vehicles from the movies...and the animated TV shows!!! So freaking brilliant and wonderful. Something the Character Encyclopedia did not do as it covered movies only. I was over the moon with all the wonderful information I got out of this one!! For example, did you know that Hondo's Corona-class ship is called the Acushnet?? Well, I do and am happy that's the case because that was definitely a DragonCon Star Wars Trivia question for the top 10 this year!! Learn this, you must!
     The book is broken down into different types of vehicles by "Air," "Land," "Water," and "Space" with Space of course being the big Kahuna. But every section was enjoyable to the last and I really did learn so incredibly much.
     This book covers "Clone Wars," "Rebels," and...well...is sadly lacking "Resistance"...but I definitely see a future revised version including this third show! And in covering both of those TV shows, there are some serious deep cuts that even I don't remember. Examples pictured below in the Nightsister Speeder of the Dathomir witches and the Starhawk Speeder of Hondo's pirates. I'm telling you, there is so much fantastic material in this book it is well worth the buy even if they go and revamp it for another updated release within the year. I learned so much by reading through this and guarantee that you will too!

     We've of course got old familiars like the AT-ACT and Rey's Speeder but my favorites were absolutely the deep cuts from the animated shows that I had somehow looked over. There is just so much to learn from this one very succinct book.
     I'm not going to provide a long list of trivia in this review because honestly, it would go on forever. Instead I want to say that Landry Q. Walker does not get enough praise in the Star Wars Universe especially since his name pops up flipping everywhere!! He is a mastermind and as such has a brilliant way of bringing exciting information all together in one place. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's interested in learning more about literally ALL the vehicles of Star Wars, anyone who's gunning for some trivia wins, and anyone who just simply loves the minutiae of the Galaxy Far, Far, Away! There's so much to love in this one and I couldn't shout it out more!

Comments

Popular Posts