Resistance: Season 2: Episode 1: "Into the Unknown"

Resistance: Season 2: Episode 1: "Into the Unknown", directed by Brad Rau
     First off, I am super geared up to see what this season brings...if I can figure out how to watch it that is. I can't find it available on Amazon for purchase and I was only able to watch this first episode because it was freely available on the Star Wars Kids YouTube channel. Secondly, this episode felt more like a filler hijinks episode than a season opener. I know it's going to get better with what we've seen in the trailer, but this just didn't feel grand enough for me--especially with a title like "Into the Unknown." It was basically just a First Order droid causing havoc for CB-23, Neeku, Torra, and Kaz. Really, that was the story.
     We did learn that the Colossus is about 3 parsecs from D'Qar, but they're not able to get a signal out because the vast majority of the systems are down. In other words, they have no idea that D'Qar is currently in shambles.
     And there's a great, but super sad quote from Tam as she's talking to Agent Tierny, "The Resistance is filled with outlaws and liars like the people I thought were my friends. [The First Order is] just trying to make the Galaxy safe again." In the end of the episode, we see the girl don a First Order TIE pilot helmet, ready to finally be a pilot in her own right. She's gotten what she's always dreamed of and truly does believe in the First Order...except I'm pretty sure she doesn't know yet about the Hosnian Cataclysm. I really want to know what's going to happen once she finds out...
     I'll end by saying that the scene pictured above was breathtaking and caused me to exclaim aloud. The Colossus team really did a number on the First Order on Castilon in the season 1 finale and that shows in the destruction floating in the water. Such a powerful visual.
     So I have high hopes for what's to come, but this episode was simply fun (and it was quite funny!), nothing ground-breaking to be found here. Oh well, not everything can rock your socks off.

Comments

Popular Posts