Doctor Aphra comic #21: The Catastrophe Con, Part II by Si Spurrier

"Doctor Aphra #21: The Catastrophe Con, Part II" written by Si Spurrier, illustrated by Kev Walker, Marc Deering, and Java Tartaglia
     Ahhhh!!! I love this issue sooo much! Action, intrigue, love, stupidity...it's truly wonderful. I have so much to say and because I'm so excited, I'm going to be giving away even more than usual...so warning...super spoiler alert for this one.
     I'm so confused--the intro crawl said a "ghostly entity" dashed Aphra's hopes of escaping...I don't recall this "ghostly entity" at all from the last issue...oh...so it turns out she is revealed in this issue...and just might be a vengeful Force ghost!
     Hera makes contact with Sana Starros, saying the Rebels need to speak with Dr. Aphra to get the intel she encrypted, and they want Sana to find her. Hera's surprised to learn they know each other. Sana calls Aphra a "trash worm." And Hera calls Aphra "a toxic object." Poor Aphra...I still love her despite all the terrible things she's done... Then Hera calls Sana "the best smuggler in the galaxy"...I wonder what Han would think about that proclamation!? Kinda reminds me of when Hera forces Han to say "The Ghost is a superior ship to the Falcon" in the Forces of Destiny episode "Imperial Feast."
     Aphra doesn't contact Sana to get her out...she contacts Tolvan!!! Apparently their triste was more than just a way for Tolvan to get the goods on Aphra and put her in jail. Yay!! ...of course Aphra blackmails the poor Inspector to get her out of jail. But Tolvan says she thought Aphra would have already escaped by this point...she didn't want her to stay in jail for the long run it seems. D'awww.
     Lopset Yas has a secret!!! But I won't reveal it here...I will give you some trivia tidbits that go along with his secret:
1) The Abominatrix Kelko Dev had terrorists opposing her rule.
2) Dr. Cornelius Evazan had an Aesthetic Benevolence surgery.
3) Sandewar Mandewar was leader of the Vex Crusade.
     Tolvan arrives!! She really is smitten over our favorite little archaeologist *girly shivers.*
     The jailers at Accresker are defrosting a Bor of the Mairan to help with the as-of-yet slow-going interrogation of Aphra. From the cover of the next issue, it looks like a Bor Gullet!!! Oh no!!! I don't want Aphra's brain to go to mush!
     The jail is currently headed to the Bandit Purges in Senex-Juvex. Tolvan makes the good point that she can't interrogate the prisoner if she dies in one of the battles the jail is known for. Side note: I am not a fan of this new artist's rendering of Tolvan...she was sooo much prettier in previous issues...frustrating.
     Tolvan got electro-tattoos!!! I'm so giddy girly right now...Tolvan is so into Aphra...even says she missed her...Ahhhhh!!
     Sana REALLY got her heart broken by Aphra...her description of the feelings she has associated with her and Aphra's history is profound and intense!
     In the very last panel, Tolvan says she's in love with Aphra! *girly squeals*!!
     So according to next issue's synopsis, Tolvan and Sana meet! I can't wait to see how that goes... But as of now, I can do my happy girly dance ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts