Star Wars: The Last Jedi comic #2 by Gary Whitta

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi #2" written by Gary Whitta, illustrated by Michael Walsh and Mike Spicer
     This was a great issue! We get more insight into the thoughts of both Luke and Leia and get a couple of extra scenes. Loving it. I also want to say that Leia looks supremely pissed on the cover...and you feel it when she's floating in outerspace later in the issue.
     The large Resistance cruiser in the film is the Raddus itself!! Makes me so happy to see that hero's name in the sequel trilogy.
     We get a wonderful portrayal of the moment where Ben Solo and Leia feel each other in the Force as Ben is coming full attack speed against the Raddus. *tear* See one panel below.
     We also get final words from Admiral Ackbar, "It's been an honor serving with you all." Again...*tear*
     The First Order's flagship is called the Supremacy.
     The portrayal of Leia's thoughts as she's floating in outerspace is fabulous! My favorite line...she is a real bada**..."The end? Like hell." Poe and Finn then have a brief conversation about what Poe saw of Leia outside the ship. Finn says it was the Force and Poe says, "That's not how the Force works. ...is it?" I still think it's hysterical they keep going back to that one line from Han in Force Awakens.
     So before Luke told Rey he would give her three lessons, he said this, "Artoo told me your story, Rey. Grew up on a desert outworld, always dreaming of something greater. Until one day you stumble upon a droid carrying secret data vital to the survival of the Rebellion... Turns out I'd heard it once before. A long time ago." I absolutely love this connection!! And it makes perfect sense that Luke would feel more connected to her after hearing her story was so similar to his. I'd actually never thought about it that way before.
     We see the conversation with Maz Kanata from Maz's point of view with Poe, Finn, and Rose on the holoprojector. Cool they turned it around like that.
     I love the line Luke says--"To say that if the Jedi die the light dies is vanity." So very true.
     We end this issue after Luke teaches Rey the first lesson about balance and she goes straight to the dark. He thinks, "Not just Ben. I see so much of myself in her. Maybe that's what I'm most afraid of."
     I can't wait to see where this goes from here!! Absolutely loving the little extras. Oh! And I finally got to show my parents the movie a few nights ago. My mom loved it and made the very true comment that so much is happening in the film, there's no time to just get up and move around. You have to constantly be paying attention. I have to admit, I enjoyed it much more the third time around. It's not a bad movie by any means.

Comments

Popular Posts