Star Wars: The Last Jedi comic #3 by Gary Whitta

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi #3" written by Gary Whitta, illustrated by Michael Walsh and Mike Spicer
     Another great issue with a little less insight, but still some fun not-in-the-movie tidbits. And it included three of the Kylo-Rey mindmeld scenes which are some of my absolute favorite moments in the movie, so I loved reading those in comic book form!
     Awww, in a deleted scene we see Rey is as worried about Finn as Finn is worried about Rey. So sweet.
     Luke sees Rey's combat form as being driven by "Anger. Enmity. Wrath." And then he recognizes himself in her as being "Impetuous. Foolish." Just like Yoda saw him!!! (Both in Empire Strikes Back and "There is Another")
     I don't remember this line from Luke being in the movie, so I'm going to relay it here. After Rey recounts to Luke how he knew there was conflict in "the most hated man in the galaxy" and saved Vader from his fate, Luke says, "Oh, how I wish I had never told anyone that story. I should have just let what happened die with my father, with Sidious. But I learned how quickly a good tale spreads like fire throughout the galaxy and becomes legend." He then goes on to say he began believing in his own legend and that was the reason for his downfall.
     Luke admits it was out of selfish pity he cut himself off from the Force and those he loved most. I feel like I've had this emotion a lot reading this adaptation but...*tear* I'm glad he realized what harm he was doing!
     Not as much to ramble on about in this issue, but I still enjoyed it very much. We actually get several great little tidbits from Rose, increasing the likability of her much maligned character. All in all, this comic adaptation remains superb.

Comments

Popular Posts