Meet the Crew by Ella Patrick

Meet the Crew written by Ella Patrick, illustrated by Diogo Saito and Luigi Aime
     I was so excited about this book, thinking it would provide a watered-down but informative rehashing of Solo: A Star Wars Story. I'd read elsewhere this book referenced a lot of trivia-type bits of knowledge and I was looking forward to getting the new movie down-pat in my head. Well...it gave us a lot...until it didn't.      This book is exactly what it says it is. We meet Qi'ra, Han, Beckett, Val, Rio, Lando, and L3-37 as they respectively come onto the screen but then the story just ends with "Together, they would finish the adventure they had started." I was left very displeased and led on. 
     Now there are a bunch of stickers in this book which usually makes up for this sort of thing, but not when I was led to believe the book would be inclusive of the entire story and we just get the first forty-five odd minutes.
     A bit of misinformation, too: this book says the Corellian hounds are Moloch's when they are in fact Rebolt's. They even picture Rebolt but don't name him.
     I will say this book does a good job of naming the planets: Corellia, Mimban, and Vandor. And it even goes into a bit of Crimson Dawn and Dryden Vos. But overall, I was left feeling gipped. 
     Definitely not worth your money...unless you're just aching for 26 pretty cool Solo themed stickers!! I would suggest buying the Solo: A Star Wars Story Ultimate Sticker Collection instead -- that book provides A LOT of info and has WAY more stickers (review forthcoming). Meet the Crew is a World of Reading book though so I shouldn't have been surprised...

Comments

Popular Posts