Star Wars: The Last Jedi comic #5 by Gary Whitta

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi #5" written by Gary Whitta, illustrated by Michael Walsh and Mike Spicer
     Hmmm...not much in this one to deepen what we already know. But it was still fun to reread what all happened.
     I was really hoping the Praetorian Guard fight scene would be spectacular in comic book format but it just felt dull to me. Disappointed, but I'll live.
     I've always been confused about when Hux says, "The Supreme Leader is dead." Then Kylo Force-chokes him and says, "The Supreme Leader is dead" only to have Hux then say, "Long live the Supreme Leader." This did nothing to dispel my confusion. It would make sooo much more sense if Kylo had said, "The Supreme Leader is not dead." *sigh* I just don't get the transition.
     This issue did do a great job of the Finn, Rose, BB-8 against Phasma/Admiral Holdo hyperspacing into the Supremacy/ Rey trying to convince Kylo to turn scenes--placing them one panel at a time, back-to-back such that the action was a mile a minute! That was pretty cool.
     Well, I'm a little bummed by how lackluster this particular issue of the comic adaptation was. No new insights at all. Oh well, hopefully the final issue with Luke fighting Kylo will be more in-depth. Fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular Posts