Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comic # 8: The Dying Light, Part II by Charles Soule

"Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith # 8: The Dying Light, Part II" written by Charles Soule, illustrated by Giuseppe Camuncoli, Daniele Orlandini, and David Curiel
     We get into the thick of it with the fledgling Empire having no idea who Vader is or is supposed to be and Jocasta Nu carrying out her own secret mission. This was quite an enjoyable issue and I look forward to seeing where it goes next, although I can't see it going many different ways--seems like there's only one possibility really. Guess we'll see.
     The Imperial Security Bureau and Coruscant Security Forces get their first exposure to Vader through knowing he is the man they are to report any Jedi activity to. One of the ISB officers says, "Someone new. I've never heard of him. Strange name. Darth Vader." So we get our first glimpse into how Vader became known to the rest of the Imperial hierarchy.
     We enter a room full of ancient artifacts kept safely secret by Jocasta Nu and protected by a droid named Cator.
     And the ISB officer's confusion over Vader continues: "We're finished with our preliminary investigation. Ah...do you have a rank? I'm not sure how I should address you. Darth, or--" Vader's response: "Lord" Haha - go get him Ani! ISB officer's response: "Ah. Fair enough." Lol. Vader shows off to the poor confused and boastful ISB officer and dang is it impressive!
     Jocasta Nu definitely has a trick up her sleeve with a surprise artifact I will not disclose here. I kinda hope she gets to keep it and use it...but from the way we all know things go, I doubt that'll happen.
     And then she goes off and is a total b**** again!! Ugh, I really don't like her.
     Loving this new series so far with its penchant for continuity!!! I really couldn't ask for a better introduction to the transition into the Empire.

Comments

Popular Posts