The Skywalker Saga Episodes I-VI Poster-A-Page

     Ahhh!!! This book was brilliant! At first I was disheartened to find it wasn't laid out like Creatures, Ships, and Droids Poster-A-Page with trivia, questions, and descriptions, but then when I realized what this book was, I was floored. It is the prequel and original trilogy stories told in the form of posters! Each poster has just a snippet of words that carry us through the actual narrative of the saga - starting with I and ending with VI. Each side of a page is a completely different poster. I can't say enough about how engaging and fun reading this book was. It is seriously a Star Wars for dummies. I would give this book as a primer to any one who hasn't seen the movies in a heartbeat.
     One bit of trivia: the clones are white because of Kaminoan stylistic preference. Never thought of that, but makes perfect sense coupled with the stark, white interiors of their cities.
     A truly adorable poster has C-3P0 and R2-D2 next to each other and proclaims, "Friendship never rusts."
     Another poster that stood out to me was "Mission: to rescue the princess" with rescue scribbled out and "be rescued by" inserted above. Haha - so true.
     Also, the Sith symbol (my fabulous tattoo) is made canon in this book!!! See above! It used to be the symbol for all Sith Era books, but since canon was reworked, I haven't really seen it much. I was so excited to finally see it in a canon reference. Yay! I think the only other place I've seen it is as a variant cover for one of the issues of the Darth Maul short run comic series.
     And check out this bada** poster of Mace Windu totally channeling his Samuel L. Jackson:
Definitely recommend this book 100%. It is too fun and too engrossing not to check out. Just wow - super cool concept I would have never even imagined!

Comments

Popular Posts