Rogue One: Book and Model by Katrina Pallant

This was a lackluster book with a pretty darn cool model. A construction set very similar in style to Stealth Mission: Book and Model, it was comprised of a papery foam model kit and a book detailing many vehicles from Rogue One. This time around though, there wasn't near as much interesting and new info. It all felt like information I had read before which was disappointing.
     The model came together much easier for me than the X-wing did from Stealth Mission though. Perhaps just because I was used to the materials the second go round. But it also felt easier to follow the instructions for this one. I loved the result! Now I've got two awesome Star Wars starship models to display :-) Next comes Imperial Assault: Book and Model in which you make your own AT-ST!
     One bit of information I'm sure I've read somewhere else but still caught my fancy was the following: Imperial Star Destroyers carry 72 TIE-fighters, 20 AT-ATs, 30 AT-STs, a pre-fabricated base for rapid deployment, and additional support and landing craft. The only problem is it didn't say what class of Imperial Star Destroyer this was referencing which makes a huge difference.
     Ships/vehicles covered included U-wings, X-wings, TIE-fighters, Krennic's Imperial Shuttle, TIE-strikers, AT-ACTs, AT-STs, Imperial Star Destroyers, and the Death Star. The diagrams were all simple and straightforward making for a very quick read.
     My biggest complaint with this book was its lack of including Bodhi Rook as one of the Rebels! I mean, come on! He was the best one.
     One quick hint for the model building. Don't follow the instructions that say to take all the pieces out first before building. They are only labeled by letter on their snapout pages so take out the pieces as you build.
     For the model it's a great purchase. As for the book, there are better ones out there.

Comments

Popular Posts