Jedi Fallen Order: Dark Temple, Part III: "A Fragile Peace" by Matthew Rosenberg

Jedi Fallen Order: Dark Temple, Part III: "A Fragile Peace" written by Matthew Rosenberg, illustrated by Paolo Villanelli and Arif Prianto
     I am really enjoying this series so far! And I cannot wait to see how it connects with the video game that comes out in just 4 days!! I pre-ordered and am so excited.
     The intro "present" storyline was very brief with a little bit of fighting (potentially involving the same Gigoran from the "past" storyline) and then a magical reveal by Second Sister of a set of stairs leading below ground... I can only assume this will lead the Second Sister to the temple that is the main driving force of all the action in the "past" storyline.
     We start off the main story in this week's issue with tensions rising ever further between the Fylari and the Ontothons. The Ontothons have brought droids and soldiers in to take possession of the temple, but under the guidance of Cere Junda, the Jedi Padawan, the Fylari fight back. See below for an inspirational panel showing mounted Fylari warriors ready to attack! The Fylari manage to stave off the invasion for the time being and Junda convinces them that they need to bring the fight to the Ontothons on their turf. Eventually, Junda makes her way secretly into Chairman Daa's office and holds him at lightsaber point only to get a HUGE surprise!! I definitely did not see this coming. But besides the surprise, everything appears acceptable at face value with the Fylari fighting for freedom from the power-hungry Ontothons. ...except...the temple may have some darkness lurking within that could be playing a role in the escalating war...super curious for next week's issue when Junda ventures in to the mysterious temple!
     As I mentioned in a previous review, Junda reminds me an awful lot of Anakin with her brash and aggressive nature. See the panel below of her full-out attacking some droids!
     I also wanted to mention that I absolutely LOVE Threelo. He is so much like K-2SO that it is simply wonderful! A couple of choice quotes from this issue include:
-"Bad news Jedi Junda. The comms system is locked. Good news--I can unlock it because I am remarkable."
-"I don't know what a trap feels like because I don't feel things. But analyzing all current data, I can say how the situation appears. It appears stupid."
     So, a great issue that leaves me excited for what's to come! And characters that are new yet feel familiar in the best of ways!!

Comments

Popular Posts