Resistance Season 2: Episode 5: The Engineer

Resistance Season 2: Episode 5: The Engineer written by Sarah Carbeiner and Erica Rosbe, directed by Bosco Ng
     This was both a heartwarming and super sad episode. I actually don't have much to say about it, but what I do have to say is pretty spoilery so beware! Before I go into what happened, I did want to say that I am really missing the scenes with Tam! What is she up to?? We did see Agent Tierny and Commander Pyre but no Tam. I want to see her struggle. I want to see her make hard decisions. I want to know if she'll fall in with the First Order for good! I care about her growth and development just as much as I do that of the people on the Colossus. But the focus of most of these episodes so far has been very Colossus-centric. Hopefully we'll hear more about what's going on with Tam soon.
     We start off with the Colossus having major systems failures and Neeku desperately trying to fix all the problems that keep popping up. It's odd that he's referenced as the best engineer on the platform and he's the only one working on the problems when there's the entire contingent of Chelidae in the depths of the ship that are actually called "The Engineers." I'm not understanding why they weren't up in the ship proper helping out our Nikto friend.
     Just as the holo-communicator gets fixed, the Colossus receives a distress call and after some debate, Kaz is chosen to go after the call and help save whoever is on the other end. He takes Synara with him and the two run into a Nikto (I have no idea what type of Nikto she is...I wish I did!) named Nena (pictured above) who claims to have been the victim of a First Order attack. But the synopsis for this episode gave away the twist by asking the question "is she really who she claims to be?" Of course she's not!! She's actually a saboteur hired by the First Order to take out the Colossus. Poor Neeku takes a shine to the girl and is momentarily devastated by the betrayal. But you know how he is, he bounces right back to his bubbly self...thank goodness because a sad Neeku is heart breaking.
Part of Nena's plan to sabotage the ship was to implicate the pirates in draining more than their share of power from the platform. I LOVE that the pirates end up being honorable and have done no such thing. Seeing this myriad group of people working together truly is heartwarming.
     And one last thing, Neeku's parents are bantha herders!! They sold their prize bantha calf to help Neeku follow his dreams of being an engineer. It's so nice getting to know a little bit more about this loveably eccentric character.
     Well, that's all. I wish the synopsis hadn't given away the twist because I wonder how I would have responded to the Nena--First Order reveal if I hadn't already been tipped off to it. Oh well. Regardless, the pirates doing the right thing made this episode quite enjoyable in the end. Looking forward to tonight's episode and hoping that we'll get more of Tam!

Comments

Popular Posts